Foudre (big wood)
The "Grosses Holz" (in German) or "Foudre" (in French) is the traditional large barrel. In our regions most wines are finished in a big barrel. Wineries will keep them for decades, sometimes generations. They offer textured surface and micro air exchange of barrels - the texture of wood without the flavour of wood. A large foudre is a phenomenal expense - they have to be mounted on site.
OUR WINES ARE CHOSEN PERSONALLY ONE BY ONE.
- Each wine will bring something distinctive to your table.
- Even the rarities are chosen for your drinking pleasure first.
- From the winemakers they love most back in their home country.
- You should feel safe discovering our wines so we guarantee them (see FAQs).
- No constraint: No minimum order. Buy just what you want, whether a single bottle or thirty
Riesling Reserve Anzental Weinhof Anton & Elfriede Waldschütz
Starting at: £18.12
Chemin de Fer Luc Massy
Starting at: £40.74
Beaujolais Villages Blanc Cuvée Chantemerle Jérome Lacondemine
Starting at: £15.31
Neuburger Leithaberg DAC Weingut Kiss
Starting at: £15.23