Foudre (big wood)
The "Grosses Holz" (in German) or "Foudre" (in French) is the traditional large barrel. In our regions most wines are finished in a big barrel. Wineries will keep them for decades, sometimes generations. They offer textured surface and micro air exchange of barrels - the texture of wood without the flavour of wood. A large foudre is a phenomenal expense - they have to be mounted on site.
OUR WINES ARE CHOSEN PERSONALLY ONE BY ONE.
- Each wine will bring something distinctive to your table.
- Even the rarities are chosen for your drinking pleasure first.
- From the winemakers they love most back in their home country.
- You should feel safe discovering our wines so we guarantee them (see FAQs).
- No constraint: No minimum order. Buy just what you want, whether a single bottle or thirty
Riesling Anzenthal Wagram Reserve Weinhof WaldschützSuperb food white.
Grüner Veltliner Eiswein Weinhof WaldschützThe best dessert wine for the money.
Chemin de Fer Luc MassyOne of the legendary Chasselas of Lavaux. Very mineral, complex and subtle. For the Chasselas connaisseur.
Beaujolais Villages Blanc Cuvée Chantemerle Jérome LacondemineA beautifully complex Chardonnay that ages like a dream
Neuburger Leithaberg DAC Weingut KissIf you like complex white wine without oak, this is a must try
Grain Arvine Marie-Therese Chappaz