Foudre (big wood)
The "Grosses Holz" (in German) or "Foudre" (in French) is the traditional large barrel. In our regions most wines are finished in a big barrel. Wineries will keep them for decades, sometimes generations. They offer textured surface and micro air exchange of barrels - the texture of wood without the flavour of wood. A large foudre is a phenomenal expense - they have to be mounted on site.
OUR WINES ARE CHOSEN PERSONALLY ONE BY ONE.
- Each wine will bring something distinctive to your table.
- Even the rarities are chosen for your drinking pleasure first.
- From the winemakers they love most back in their home country.
- You should feel safe discovering our wines so we guarantee them (see FAQs).
- No constraint: No minimum order. Buy just what you want, whether a single bottle or thirty
SAINT AMOUR Domaine MatrayOur one and only St Amour
Julienas Vieilles Vignes Domaine MatrayA more complex Juliénas. Fantastic Gamay
Lagrein Riserva DOC Frauenrigl Kellerei Kurtatschcomplex Lagrein that never fails to impress
Pinot Nero DOC Kellerei KurtatschExcellent Alto Adige Pinot Noir.
Schiava Grigia DOC Sonntaler Kellerei KurtatschMy favourite wine in the Kurtatsch range. Starts Pomegranate light and then...
Pinot Noir de Vex Clos de la Couta Cave Jean Rene Germanier
Côte de Brouilly "Les Griottes" Chateau ThivinMaybe it's the name but I get cherries :)