James HamiltonRead more Read less
Gewürztraminer - Roter Traminer
I would advise anyone who wants to delve deeply into the origins of grapes to look at ‘Wine Grapes’ by Jancis Robinson et al., the most authoritative tome on the subject. It did help my spinning head a little, but not much, as the Traminer/Savagnin family is more complex than the Ewings of Dallas. Roter Traminer is the same wine as Savagnin Rouge, related to the Gelber Traminer (Savagnin Blanc/Heida) and to Gewürztraminer. Roter Traminer is the predominant Traminer variety in Austria. It has low acidity and literally does smell (and taste) of roses along with dried fruit, marshmallows and citrus notes. In colour it ranges from intensely green to intensely yellow or even a glisten of red. When produced from ripe grapes, it produces wines with pronounced aromas that age well.
OUR WINES ARE CHOSEN PERSONALLY ONE BY ONE.
- Each wine will bring something distinctive to your table.
- Even the rarities are chosen for your drinking pleasure first.
- From the winemakers they love most back in their home country.
- You should feel safe discovering our wines so we guarantee them (see FAQs).
- No constraint: No minimum order. Buy just what you want, whether a single bottle or thirty
Gewürztraminer Chanton WeinThe wine that was never meant to be. Last chance.
Gewürztraminer Stift KlosterneubergA surprising and delicious (and dry) Gewürztraminer, all peaches and flowers.
Gewurtztraminer DOC Kellerei KurtatschClassic Italian Alpine Gewürztraminer
Roter Traminer Weinbau UrbanUrban is the master of aromatic noses and bountiful fruit.
Eiswein Roter Traminer Weinbau UrbanFascinating Traminer Eiswein