Biodynamic wines are organic wines made following the lunar calendar and the naturalistic beliefs of Rudolf Steiner.
It is a holistic concept - looking at the whole ecosystem through cycles and energy. The goal is to enhance the natural life-flow cycles of the vine and especially its immune system. Memorable processes in biodynamic vinetending include using cow horns to hold the silica which will be buried in the soil and applying specific herbal sprays on precise days.
There is a dose of non scientific magical thinking in biodynamic processes. But as one of my winemakers put it "it doesn't make sense and I feel silly doing some of it, but my vines look healthier"
OUR WINES ARE CHOSEN PERSONALLY ONE BY ONE.
- Each wine will bring something distinctive to your table.
- Even the rarities are chosen for your drinking pleasure first.
- From the winemakers they love most back in their home country.
- You should feel safe discovering our wines so we guarantee them (see FAQs).
- No constraint: No minimum order. Buy just what you want, whether a single bottle or thirty
Fendant President Troillet Marie-Therese ChappazThe most famous Fendant of Marie Therese's range - possibly the first of her wines I knew
Grain Ermitage Marie-Therese ChappazMy special favourite in Marie-Therese Chappaz's range. Stunning year on year
Grain Nature Marie-Therese ChappazThis is supremely elegant natural wine
Dole La Liaudisaz Marie-Therese ChappazA gorgeous concentrated Dole, without being too serious
Grain Noble Arvine Marie-Therese ChappazLegendary sweet wine
Grain Noir Marie-Therese ChappazCabernet and Merlot in Alpine purity