Biodynamic wines are organic wines made following the lunar calendar and the naturalistic beliefs of Rudolf Steiner.
It is a holistic concept - looking at the whole ecosystem through cycles and energy. The goal is to enhance the natural life-flow cycles of the vine and especially its immune system. Memorable processes in biodynamic vinetending include using cow horns to hold the silica which will be buried in the soil and applying specific herbal sprays on precise days.
There is a dose of non scientific magical thinking in biodynamic processes. But as one of my winemakers put it "it doesn't make sense and I feel silly doing some of it, but my vines look healthier"
OUR WINES ARE CHOSEN PERSONALLY ONE BY ONE.
- Each wine will bring something distinctive to your table.
- Even the rarities are chosen for your drinking pleasure first.
- From the winemakers they love most back in their home country.
- You should feel safe discovering our wines so we guarantee them (see FAQs).
- No constraint: No minimum order. Buy just what you want, whether a single bottle or thirty
Petite Arvine Cave Jean Rene GermanierA fantastically balanced Petite Arvine
Blauer Zweigelt Bisamberg Weingut ChristCherry & spice and all things nice
Riesling Steinberg Weingut HajszanVienna Riesling
Grüner Veltliner "Haarlocken" Weingut HajszanA rich and intense Gruner.
Pinot Noir Neuchâtel Domaine de MontmollinSmooth Pinot Noir, won Grand Or in Brussels in 2017
St-Saphorin Blaise Dubouxnot usually found in 75cl, don't miss it
Spätrot Rotgipfler Classic Weingut Christian FischerThe classic Thermenregion blend - aromatic and fresh
Rotgipfler Premium Weingut Christian FischerRotgipfler solo, finished on oak.