- The Wine
As is the case with nearly all Margalit's wines, this Cabernet Franc is aged in oak for 12 months. It is a single vineyard wine from Binyamina.
Cabernet Franc 2006. 95% Cabernet-Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon. Youthful and will improve in bottle but approachable now. A big powerful wine already with gentle tannins, that classic Cabernet Franc "greenness" but with ripe rich brambles, blueberry and cassis fruits with hints of green capsicum and garrigue.
Allow to breath for at least an hour and drink with red meat dishes, stews, etc. Ready now (2016) but can be cellared for a long while still.
Cabernet Franc 2007. 93% Cabernet Franc from the Binyamina vineyard with the remaining 7% being Cabernet Sauvignon.
A dark ruby colour with rich aromas of ripe red fruits and herbs. On the palate, this wine is rich and powerful with plumskin, blueberry and bitter cherry notes, a hint of asian spice with soft velvety tannins. Long, with a dry finish with notes of garrigue. Drink with rich red meat dishes and stews.
Decant and breathe for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Additional Information
Product code MARGALITCABFRANC Bottle Size 0.75 Winemaker Margalit Featured Themes Cult Wine Colour Red Wine Style Red, Still, Dry Variety Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon Key Features Oaked, Old Vines Ripeness Normal Closure Natural Cork Aged In Barrel (old) Last Tasted 14 Oct 2016 Vintages 2007, 2008 Vintages
size: 0.75 vintage: 2007 stock: 28 product code: [NDW9720012] variety: Cabernet Franc
size: 0.75 vintage: 2008 stock: 19 product code: [NDW9720011] closure: Natural Cork variety: Array alcohol: 14.1 last checked in: 2016-10-14