Updated June 11, 2020
We think hard about any third party integrations before we put them in. For example you will find NO Facebook like button or Facebook conversion tracking on our pages because even though they would be nice for us, they would also expose your every action to Facebook and we don't want that. We also don't use tracking systems that follow you beyond this site.
What we use
- Google analytics on all pages to see where our site works or breaks
- payments on cart and checkout
- Recaptcha on forms, to stop bots from trying to use our site for spam (wouldn't work, but they never stop trying)
- Log in via Google, Facebook or Twitter (that will only send them information at the point of log in, if you use it)
Alpine Wines may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We will not track you beyond this site (so you won't see our ads following you on the internet).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In the case of payment information, our main line of protection is not having the data in the first place.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:-
- Contact information including email address.
- Order information such as products bought.
- Delivery information such as address, instructions and order comments you might give.
- Indirectly through purchase history, your preferences and interests.
We never collect your credit card information - the payment pages send that directly to the payment institutions.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs to provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:-
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you place an order, to send you confirmation and follow up "was everything OK" and "review request" emails. (these last two can be unsubscribed from)
- If you subscribe to our newsletter we will send you promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided. (this can be unsubscribed from)
- We may send a personal email advising you of a new vintage of a wine you have purchased multiple times in the past. (this is manual and rare, and can be unsubscribed from)
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may email you when we will be present at an event near your address (this can be unsubscribed from)
"No Marketing" group
If you do not want to receive any follow up or marketing activity, you can request to be configured as "no marketing" on the website.
This will disable emails beyond the order confirmation, order shipment notification, and problem solving/customer services emails if you contact us.
- follow up emails - including the "we send your parcel 2 days ago is everything ok" notification
- notifications of new wines that you bought in the past (sent only for wines that have been out of stock a long time)
- notification of events in your area
- any content personalisation (we currently do none)
- manual follow up emails, such as invitation to trade shows for wine clubs, as we will check that the email address is not in the list before we send things out
It will not disable the newsletter, you can separately be subscribed to the newsletter, or not, as you prefer.
Please note that if you place an order using a new, unregistered, different email address you need to request this status again.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
If you pay by credit card we will send your billing details to the payment processor (if you want to avoid this, pay by BACS).
Your delivery information goes to the delivery company.
Besides this, we do not exchange data about you with anyone.
We process website payments through Stripe. As part of the payment process, information about your order, address and contact details are passed to the payment processor. This is kept in the EU for Stripe. https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
At live events we use the iZettle payment terminals. For all chip and pin or contactless payment methods, iZettle will only receive the minimum necessary card information. https://www.izettle.com/gb/privacy-policy
Your card details are never sent to us or our servers and only directly to the payment processors.
For convenience we also offer Paypal as option but they do not publish customer data protection or privacy information.
Courier & Warehouse
To deliver the wine, we also have to pass your address and order details to our warehouse (when they handle the sending) or to couriers.
Couriers require a phone number. If the number you supply is a mobile number the courier will send you sms tracking updates, including a delivery time estimate on the day. If your number is not a mobile, we will send your email address so the courier can they can send you the same information by email . If you do not want your email or telephone number passed to the couriers, please let us know in the comments, but please give make sure you give comprehensive and correct delivery instructions.
Links to other websites
Very rarely our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Alpine Wines, 3 The Grove, IDLE BD10 9JS. If you do so, please bear with us, as we have never had such a request so we'll have to figure out what to do when we get our first one. You will probably be disappointed how little we hold :)
We obviously will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.