Alpine Wines is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Alpine Wines may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We will not track you beyond this site (so you won't see our ads following you on the internet) though we do track if you are coming from Google, Facebook ads or our Newsletter, for "does what we do even work?" purposes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:-
- Contact information including email address.
- Order information such as products bought.
- Delivery information such as address, instructions and order comments you might give.
- Indirectly through purchase history, your preferences and interests.
We never collect your credit card information - the payment pages send that directly to the payment institutions.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs to provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:-
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter we will send you promotional emails about new products, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- We may send a personal email advising you of a new vintage of a wine you have purchased multiple times in the past.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may email you when we will be present at an event near your address
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Very rarely our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
If you pay by credit card we will send your billing address details to the payment processor (if you want to avoid this, pay by BACS or Paypal). Besides this, we do not exchange data about you with anyone.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act and GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 3 The Grove IDLE BD10 9JS UK. If you do so, please bear with us, as we have never had such a request so we'll have to figure out what to do when we get our first one. You will probably be disappointed how little we hold :)
We obviously will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.